Message from our CEO Simon Pollard:
Not only did the Intouch Advance team accomplish the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge, we are very proud to have taken 1st and 3rd place which was a great achievement for what is a fantastic charity.
I would like to personally say a MASSIVE thanks to all of those people who sponsored our 2 teams who have thus far managed to raise £2,530.00. One in a Million is a charity close to our heart, we would love to hit our target of £3,000 which we have just pulled up short of. So for anyone who hasn’t yet had the opportunity to sponsor us please click on the link below, it only takes 2 minutes, given your absolute generosity I thought you would be interested to hear about the day.
- We had a very early 4.30am start on Saturday.
- The walk commencing at 7am with Catherine, Chris, Corrina, Kat, Paul, Scott and myself at the ready, racing against the other corporate teams.
- Our challenge was to complete the three Yorkshire Peaks in the fastest all be it safest times, Pen-y-Ghent (691 metres), Whernside (728 metres), Ingleborough (723 metres) in 12 hours!
- 1st Position: Paul Harrison with an EPIC Seven hours and 35 minutes later, well done Paul, outstanding achievement
- 3rd Position: followed closely in by me who managed to scoop 3rd place with a time of 8 hours.
- 1st Lady to finish: Corrina Ward was the first lady to take 1st place for the girls on the day, finishing the three Yorkshire peaks in 8hrs 50 minutes, well done Corrina.
- Tim, your support in helping us get through the day was great and I also thank you for that.
- Here are some photos of the day!
Needless to say I would like to personally thanks all my team who took it upon themselves to give back to the local community and take part in what was a brilliant day, thank you. If you haven’t already done so please click on the following link & sponsor this very important cause, I know there are a few of you yet to take 2 minutes out, details as follows:-
1) Online: via our Just Giving page
2) Text: text INAD70 and the amount you wish to donate to 70070 (e.g INAD70£10) ranging from £1 to £10.
On behalf of everyone at One In A Million I wanted to say a big THANK YOU for supporting us along the way and pass on a massive congratulations to all the teams who also took part in the challenge.